When we announced BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express at Mobile World Congress 2010 we received lots of interest from you in finding out more about it. Now that BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express is officially available we wanted to answer some of your questions. So with the help of my more technically savvy coworkers, I’ve compiled a list of FAQs about BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express.
Q: So what does BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express mean for me (aka: the BlackBerry smartphone user)?
A: It means you can have what you want: access to your work email, calendar, contacts and more from your personal BlackBerry smartphone – and your IT department also gets what they want: a BlackBerry wireless sync solution that is highly secure and manageable.
Plus, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express software is available at a great price (no charge!). And since you’re already paying for your internet-enabled BlackBerry service plan from your wireless service provider, there are no additional software licensing costs for your organization to provide you with access to your work email from your BlackBerry smartphone.
Q: Am I going to have to pay an extra fee per month to use this?
A: BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express is free to all businesses – there is no software licensing cost and no client access license fees. For you, the end user, the only cost is the internet-enabled BlackBerry service plan from your wireless service provider. (This means if you can browse the Internet from your BlackBerry smartphone today you are already on a service plan that can be used with BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express).
Q: Which applications are supported by BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express?
A: It’s actually easier to tell you what applications BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express doesn’t support =D. BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express does not support certain premium solutions supported by the full version of BlackBerry® Enterprise Server. These are things like Enterprise Instant Messaging Clients, Enterprise Social Networking Solutions, Chalk® Pushcast Software, and BlackBerry® Mobile Voice System. Outside of that, BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express users will be able to enjoy the thousands of applications available on BlackBerry App World™ and will also be able to tap into behind the firewall applications when assisted by their IT departments (e.g. CRM applications).
Q: What do I need to have/do to use BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express?
A: It’s fairly simple to get started with BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express – here is what you and your company needs:
- A BlackBerry smartphone
- Subscription to an internet-enabled BlackBerry service plan from your wireless service provider
- Microsoft® Exchange 2010, 2007, 2003 OR Windows® Small Business Server 2008, 2003
- Download and install the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express software (at no charge!) on your existing Microsoft Exchange or Windows Small Business Server
- Those looking for more info can read the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express full system requirements (.PDF)
Your IT admin will then simply need to add you and your BlackBerry smartphone into the system and you will be ready and set to go.
Q: What are the end-user features that are available with the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express?
A: Below is a list of a few key BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express features. Please note some of these features require BlackBerry® Device Software version 5.0.
Advanced business email features
- Highly secure push-based HTML corporate email – connected to your work email account
- Synced inboxes (i.e., email deleted from work Outlook account are also deleted from your BlackBerry smartphone – no need to manage 2 inboxes)
- Ability to flag emails for follow-up from your BlackBerry smartphone
- Search your desktop inbox for messages from your BlackBerry smartphone
- Set up out of office replies from your BlackBerry smartphone
- Access and update important notes and tasks
- Edit Microsoft® Word, Microsoft® Excel® and Microsoft® PowerPoint® files on your BlackBerry smartphone using Documents To Go®
A calendar that’s always up-to-date
- Access to an up-to-date calendar that is synched wirelessly (No need to tether to your desktop!)
- See coworkers’ free/busy status (this should make setting up meetings easy)
- View, download and forward calendar attachments
Advanced contact features
- Wireless address lookup (changes to your corporate address book are reflected almost immediately on your BlackBerry smartphone)
- Synchronization between your desktop address book and your BlackBerry smartphone address book (that means when you add a contact to one, it is automatically updated in the other)
Behind the firewall access
- Access to your corporate intranet
- Remote file access – access your corporate documents and network drives from your BlackBerry smartphone
To learn more, visit: www.blackberry.com/besexpress