Last week, we saw the BlackBerry® Application Platform take a major step forward. We’ve posted several key announcements made at BlackBerry DEVCON Asia, and we’re already receiving tremendous feedback from the developer community. To recap:
BlackBerry® Tablet OS announcements
- With the release of the beta version of the BlackBerry® WebWorks™ SDK, developers can now build BlackBerry® WebWorks™ applications for both the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet and BlackBerry® smartphone platforms!
- The release of the updated Adobe® AIR® SDK for the BlackBerry Tablet OS will enable developers to create custom loading screens for their applications and leverage some of the updated look and feel for the native components.
- We announced an extension to the free BlackBerry PlayBook tablet offer, presenting WebWorks developers with the opportunity to participate and providing additional time for Adobe AIR developers to finish their applications worldwide.
BlackBerry smartphone platform announcements
- Developers can now fully test in-app payments with the BlackBerry Payment Service, with the release of the BlackBerry App World™ v2.1 client now available for beta testing.
- With the release of an updated BlackBerry® Push Service SDK, it has never been easier to develop push applications for the BlackBerry platform.
With these announcements we’d like to open the door further, talk about where we are today – and what’s to come.