A new version of the BlackBerry® PlayBook OS is now available to all BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet users – BlackBerry PlayBook OS v188.8.131.5285. This free update can be downloaded over-the-air from your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet.
The BlackBerry PlayBook OS v184.108.40.20685 contains the following fixes and updates:
- Updated version of Adobe® Flash® Player version 11.1 and Adobe AIR® 3.1
- Daylight savings time updates for time zones in the regions of Latin America, Australia and Central America
- Updated Bluetooth® and Wi-Fi® software to help to improve connectivity
- Fixed issues some users were experiencing with account payments in the BlackBerry App World™ storefront
- Improved synching when restoring applications with BlackBerry Desktop Software
This update also includes a security update for Adobe Flash Player, as noted in Adobe Security Bulletin APSB-11-28, which addresses issues that can potentially affect any PC, tablet, or other device with an operating system that supports Adobe Flash. While there are no known reports of any BlackBerry PlayBook tablet users being affected by these Adobe Flash Player issues, we (as always) encourage all BlackBerry PlayBook tablet users to update to the newest version of the BlackBerry PlayBook OS.
How to update your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet
Existing BlackBerry PlayBook tablet users will automatically receive a software update notification on the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet status ribbon, or they can check for the software update at any time in the settings menu under “Software Updates”. Users who purchase and activate a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet on or after Thursday November 24th, 2011 will automatically be updated to v220.127.116.1185 or later as part of the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet setup process.
For users who are already running BlackBerry PlayBook v18.104.22.16842 or higher, the update to this new version (v22.214.171.12485) will include only the Adobe Flash Player update and is expected to take only a few minutes to install.