Hey BlackBerry devs! We’ve got a great guest post for you today from Sean Paul, who’s put together a must-read list of links and resources for BlackBerry game developers. Check it out! – Ed.
The BlackBerry® Native SDK for Tablet OS gives you the power to create rich C/C++ games. For those of you just getting started with developing for the BlackBerry platform, these links will help you quickly get a jump on making your own games using the BlackBerry Native SDK.
- Download the BlackBerry Native SDK for Tablet OS for Windows®, Mac OS X or Linux.
- Get started with the BlackBerry Native SDK for Tablet OS by creating and deploying your first OpenGL ES application.
- Learn about the QNX® Momentics® IDE with full suite of debugging and profiling tools.
- STL and POSIX library support
- OpenGL ES 1.1 and 2.0 for 2D and 3D graphics
- OpenAL for cross-platform 3D audio
- libpng and libjpeg for encoded images
- FreeType for fonts
- Scoreloop SDK for integrating social gaming capabilities