A lot has happened recently, #TeamBlackBerry, including the launch of BlackBerry® PlayBook™ OS 2.0! Now we’re here to announce and celebrate our BlackBerry Fan of the Month (FOTM) for March.
We’ve been overwhelmed by the community’s support for this program and continue to take your suggestions and nominees into consideration. We want our FOTM to not only be an advocate for #TeamBlackBerry, but someone who makes us all proud! With that being said, we’ve thoroughly searched our social channels on Twitter®, Facebook®, Flickr®, YouTube® and the Inside BlackBerry Blog to pick Jane (@photosfromaBB) as this month’s BlackBerry FOTM!
Jane is a huge fan of photography and has taken many photos with her BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800 smartphone. Here is one of the many awe-inspiring photos Jane took using the 5-megapixel camera on her smartphone:
So #TeamBlackBerry, allow us to introduce you to our BlackBerry FOTM for March 2012, Jane:
1. How many years have you been on Team BlackBerry?
A little over four and half years now, gladly going on five this summer.
2. How many BlackBerry smartphones have you had? Which ones?
Two before my current one – the BlackBerry® Curve™ 8300 and the BlackBerry® Curve™ 8310 smartphones.
3. What BlackBerry smartphone do you have now and why?
BlackBerry Torch 9800 smartphone – best of both worlds! QWERTY keyboard AND touchscreen.
4. What is your favorite BBM™ emoticon?
*nerd* I think it’s adorable.
5. Tell us about the best BBM you’ve ever received. What did it say and who was it from?
The best BBM goes to one of my cousins. I think she may have been bored and was goofing off one day, but she sent audio files of herself making some loud and crazy noises. Those caught me off guard and I couldn’t stop laughing!
6. If you could BBM your BlackBerry smartphone, what would you say?
“Hey! Just wanted to say thanks for keeping me organized with everything, literally! =)”
7. What superhero/celebrity/metaphorical duo could represent you and your BlackBerry smartphone? (e.g. I’m Batman, my BlackBerry is Robin: here’s why…)
The Neptunes (Music Producers) – I’m Pharrell Williams, more of the front person, and my BlackBerry smartphone is Chad Hugo, who lays low. But put the two creative minds together and you have one amazing duo!
8. Do you have a favorite BlackBerry memory? Please share!
I was working out on a treadmill, listening to some tunes on my BlackBerry Torch. Then I somehow accidentally tugged on my headphones and my smartphone fell onto the treadmill and flew off! Thankfully, there was no damage. That thing is like a tank!
9. Are you prepared to handle the fame that comes with being our FOTM?
Oh I don’t know about fame, but I’m quite honored and very blessed to be FOTM. It’s a great yet humbling feeling to be recognized and appreciated by BlackBerry.
10. When did you start actively taking photos with your BlackBerry smartphone?
February 2011 – more particularly when a friend pointed out the great picture quality of the camera on my BlackBerry smartphone.
11. If you had to guess, how many photos in total have you taken with your BlackBerry?
I’d have to say about 1,000 photos, at least.
12. What is your favorite BlackBerry photography app and why?
Photo Editor Ultimate – it has so many editing options packed into one app and it’s quite easy to use. Along with basic editing functions like rotate, resize and crop, I like the color filters, different effects and combine feature. It’s a great app to simply touch up your photos or even manipulate them.
13. What is your all-time favorite BlackBerry photo? We’d love to see it!
I’m a huge fan of night photography shots and this would be my favorite thus far.
14. Do you have any tips for aspiring photographers?
If you see something that catches your eye, take a photo of it! Using the different Scene Modes in the BlackBerry camera app helps with various lighting situations. Though you have to keep a steady hand, I find that having the Autofocus set on Single Shot produces the best quality photos. The use of the flash is rare; I only use it when needed. My Image Size is set to the highest resolution. You can scale down an image when editing, but trying to go the other way distorts it. Lastly, what works for me may not always work for you, so keep practicing with different settings. Hopefully those tips are helpful!
Thanks for meeting our March FOTM! Be sure to give Jane a shout out on Twitter – @photosfromabb.
In case you missed our last two BlackBerry Fans of the Month, you can check ‘em out here: