August greetings Team BlackBerry, and happy Family Fun Month. Parents, if your last attempt at instituting Family Game Night by pulling out a board game resulted in your kids looking at you as though you had just unearthed the un-coolest dinosaur bone ever, I’m here to help. Working with our app team, I’ve put together a list of BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet apps to bring families together for game night – the ideal family fun time for kids of all ages. Let’s take a look:
- Wet Paint (Free) – Wet Paint is a fun painting application for the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet that allows youngsters and parents to create refrigerator-worthy art without any messy cleanup.
- Nodebeat ($.99) – The NodeBeat music app for the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet is fun for all ages, but for parents who want to start their future composer young, the learning curve of NodeBeat is fast and my colleagues with kids tell me toddlers love it.
- FlickPairs (Free) – FlickPairs is a memory-style card game featuring images from photo-sharing site Flickr™. See if you can match all the pairs faster than your tween; just remember not to celebrate too much if you win – you’ll just embarrass yourself and your kid.
- Photobooth ($5.99) – Photobooth, as the name implies, takes photos much like a traditional photo booth. But it also does much, much more. You can add frames, text, and other décor to your photos and share them online once they’re done. It’s a fun way to encourage your tween’s creativity and totally isn’t lame.
- Super Air Hockey (Free) – Just to give you fair warning, Super Air Hockey for the PlayBook will bring out your competitive side. Sharpen your shooting skills against the PlayBook before challenging your teen, allowing you to more easily be crowned Super Air Hockey Champion of the House.
- BeZombied (Free) – BeZombied combines a challenging matching game with a flair for the undead. By using your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet to slide and match zombie parts, you and your teen can destroy all zombies and keep your brains intact.
Now it’s your turn, parents: What are your favorite BlackBerry PlayBook apps for gathering your family together for a night of tablet-infused fun? Let us know in the comments to help spread the fun to other families.