It’s officially November, #TeamBlackBerry, and that means its time to crown a new BlackBerry® Fan of the Month (FOTM). This month, we are beyond excited to announce some very special news: we have selected our first FOTM from outside of North America!
Hailing from across the pond, our November FOTM is a true double threat—she rocks both a BlackBerry® Curve™ 9320 and a BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet! While she’s relatively new to #TeamBlackBerry, you can rest assured that she hasn’t wasted any time becoming a go-to BlackBerry expert for other members on @UK_BlackBerry and the BlackBerry UK & Ireland Facebook page.
When she’s not providing help, tips, and tricks to the online community, you can find this dedicated FOTM lending a helping hand to the members of #TeamBlackBerry she meets outside of digital space (more on this later in her interview). With that, it is pleasure to introduce you to our November FOTM, Ange (@Afl2277)! Check out our conversation with Ange below to learn more about her journey on #TeamBlackBerry.
1. How many years have you been on Team BlackBerry?
Just one year.
2. How many BlackBerry devices have you had in total? Could you list them all out for us?
At first I had the BlackBerry Curve 9300. I now have the BlackBerry Curve 9320 and the BlackBerry PlayBook.
3. What are your favorite BlackBerry applications?
On my BlackBerry Curve 9320: Twitter, Facebook and obviously BlackBerry Messenger (BBM™).
On my BlackBerry PlayBook: Twitter, Facebook and BlackBerry News. I really like Monopoly as well.
4. What is your favorite BBM emoticon?
I’ve got two favorites, actually: the smiley face and the confused face. I love the confused face.
5. How many BBM contacts do you have?
You’re not going to believe this. You’re going to fall off your chair. I’ve just got two. They are very close friends of mine because I’m a very private person. I mostly talk to other BlackBerry users through Facebook and Twitter.
6. Tell us about the best BBM you’ve ever received. What did it say and who was it from?
This is a special one. It was from a young friend of mine, Petra. She lost her mom a couple years ago, and she sent me a BBM and asked, “Would you be the Mother of the Bride at my wedding? And forever after that, be my mom?” It was such an emotional BBM. Very special.
7. We know you love your BlackBerry Curve 9320. If you could BBM it, what would you say? What do you think it would say in response?
I think I would say, “Hey, what are we going to do today?” And my BlackBerry Curve would say to me, “Shall we go on eBay and get me a shiny new case?”
I do love the cases and covers. I have a blue one and a black one. I like looking at them online and thinking about which one I’d like to get next. I just browse and see if anything takes my fancy. I might like a sparkly case next.
8. You are a huge help to Team BlackBerry members on @UK_BlackBerry and the BlackBerry UK & Ireland Facebook page. Is there one time where you helped a fellow user that really sticks out in your mind?
Well, this doesn’t relate to Twitter or Facebook, but once I started talking to a stranger because I saw she had a BlackBerry and she was experiencing an issue with it. In virtually two minutes, I doubled the amount of memory she had on it. It started working quickly again and she was so pleased.
9. Do you have a favorite BlackBerry tip, trick or shortcut?
I like the radio a lot. I put the radio on one of the side convenience keys, which makes it so easy for me to listen. I have my camera on the other convenience key and I use “L” as a shortcut to get to my calendar.
10. Do you have an all-time favorite BlackBerry memory? We’d love to hear about it!
Yes, when I went to the store to buy my first BlackBerry. I remember opening in the box – it was black with shiny chrome. I just thought, “Wow!” I was in love.
11. Who are your BlackBerry BFFs? Feel free to give them a shout out here!
On Facebook: Eugen, Tim, Corrine, Craig and Jackie.
On Twitter: @furiousguido, kmcooley, @UK_Blackberry, @BBOSJoe and @pushybrice.
I’d like to say hello to Emma from RIM as well!
12. We see that you have the #BB10Believe hashtag in your Twitter avatar – tell us, what are you most looking forward to about BlackBerry 10?
I love the way that the screens move across with BlackBerry Flow – you just slide and you have everything you need. It’s fabulous. And I can’t wait to get the BlackBerry 10 update on my PlayBook!
13. Last but not least, are you prepared to handle the fame that comes with being our Fan of the Month?
Many years ago, I was made the president of a fan club. It was such an honor. This ranked above being made president of that one fan club. I can’t believe it happened. It’s brilliant. I feel so honored to have been chosen – it doesn’t seem real!
Be sure to check out the other awesome past members of the BlackBerry Fan of the Month club, in case you missed ‘em:
January – Brian (@newshutr)
February – Ivan (@IvanSHarris)
March – Jane (@photosfromabb)
April – Josh (@BBbrodyBB)
May - Mark (@AllAboutMyBB)
June – JT (@AgentBlackBerry)
July – Kimberly (@kmcooley)
August – Mike (@flash0p)
September – Jon (@nerdologist_jon)
October – Guido (@FuriousGuido)