Arguably, the most significant BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) innovation on BlackBerry 10 is the Video Chat feature. Built on multifaceted technology, BBM Video is intended to provide BlackBerry 10 users with a first-in-class video chat agent. As you start exploring BBM Video, keep these key points in mind to help optimize your BlackBerry 10 experience:
- Seamless transition between text and video. It’s extremely easy to initiate a video chat with a BBM contact. When in a text-based BBM conversation, simply tap the video icon on the chat screen to start talking face-to-face. BAM!
- Screen Share. In addition to being able to make audio and video calls through BBM, you can share the screen of your BlackBerry 10 device while continuing your conversation. This allows you to chat in real time about a photo album, business document or website.
- High quality audio. BBM Video has stereo and wide-band audio technology. This means that two people can talk at the same time without canceling each other out.
- Cinematic experience. You can rotate your BlackBerry 10 device while BBM video chatting. This way, you can share you surrounding in portrait or landscape mode when conversing with a contact face-to-face over BBM.
- Front or rear-facing cameras. When in BBM Video, you switch between the front or rear-facing cameras on your BlackBerry 10 device. Which lens is more slimming (ha!) – you pick!
Okay, now you can stop reading and start chatting. Let us know what you think about BBM Video in the comments below!