We kicked off the BBM Channels beta at BlackBerry Live last month and you’ve shared an amazing amount of feedback with us. We’ve learned that your interests are vast and you’re excited to share and discover more types of content within BBM. Most importantly, we’ve learned that the BBM Channels beta users are a very demanding bunch, and you’re ready for some new features to play with!
It’s time to release the next update for BBM Channels. Ready? I hope so, because here we go.
Now available in the latest and greatest BBM Channels beta:
- Search for Channels: Within the “Browse Channels” tab, you can now search for and discover new channels! There are thousands of channels out there – and we’re excited to hear which ones you love.
- Active Text for Channel PINs Within BlackBerry OS: Just like regular BBM PINs, if you post a BBM Channel PIN, it will be clickable – so now you can share your Channel PIN in Facebook or Twitter and help more friends discover your Channel. (Coming to BlackBerry 10 with the 10.1 update mid-summer)
- Browse Content Tab in BB10, Shows New Content Only: Why feature channels you already subscribe to, right? Within the Browse Channels tab, featured channels are displayed. With this release, BBM hides channels that you already subscribe to from this view.
- Deleting My Own Channel: Users may now delete their own channels from the device. Critical for those who later decided their channel theme was a bad idea.
- Repost Channel Content: BBM Channels now allows you to repost content in your own channel. If you find something funny or cool in another channel, share it within your channel! Don’t just keep it to yourself – help your friends discover awesome content too.
- View Subscriber Count: Users may now see the total number of subscribers to a channel, from the channel preview screen.
- Support for Animated GIF’s: Yes, it’s true! Whether you pronounce it “G”IF or “J”IF, BBM Channel owners may now add an animated GIF to their posts, bringing motion and a richer experience to their channels.
Now head over to the BlackBerry Betazone, get the latest client, and go have some fun!