BlackBerry 10 users get ready because a big update to the Twitter app for BlackBerry 10 lands today. Whether you’re a heavy user, or just a fledgling Twitter fan– the update to Twitter version 10.2 brings new features and a refreshed design to improve the experience. For me personally, I love the new photo save option and the ability to add multiple accounts, so I can balance all of my Twitter personas in one convenient place.
Check out the list of highlighted features below and be sure to swing by BlackBerry World on your BlackBerry 10 device to download the updated app.
The new Twitter for BlackBerry 10 smartphones version 10.2 includes:
- Multiple Accounts – With Twitter 10.2 you can now add additional Twitter accounts within the app.
- Direct Message – Twitter 10.2 allows you to view, reply and send new Direct Messages right within the app.
- Improved Refresh – Improved refresh always maintains your current location in the timeline.
- Discover – Twitter 10.2 offers a new Discover page that delivers a stream of Tweets, accounts to follow and more. Simply pull to refresh or scroll to see more and discover even more fascinating people to follow. Plus the Activity page provides a view into what the people you are following are doing on Twitter including who they’re following and what tweets they’re favoriting.
- Photo Save – With Twitter 10.2 you can save pictures being shared on Twitter directly to your BlackBerry.
- Search Improvements – Now you can view your recent and saved searches and with Type Ahead, search suggestions are provided for you as text is entered in the search field.
- Refreshed UI – A wider timeline in all parts of the app provides a fresh new design and makes it easier to browse.
The Twitter experience on BlackBerry 10 keeps getting better and better with each update. Be sure to check it out for yourself and let the team know what you think of the update in the comments below.