BlackBerry is bringing our strengths in delivering deeply-integrated productivity, communication and collaboration and security experiences to all smartphone and tablet users running iOS, Android and Windows.
As we’ve already done with BBM, BlackBerry Blend, BES, and many other cross-platform solutions (see above), we want to empower all mobile professionals in order to supercharge their productivity and allow them to work across all their devices in an effortless and secure way.
In line with our software and services vision, the BlackBerry Experience Suite is a major company-wide initiative. It extends BlackBerry’s successful cross-platform strategy of complementing the company’s innovative and ultra-secure hardware with software solutions – think BlackBerry Hub, aka the solution to ‘Messaging’s Mission Impossible,’ or the enterprise-secure mobile-first collaboration of BBM Enterprise (formerly known as BBM Protected) – that meet the changing needs of enterprises and mobile professionals, as well as device makers serving those markets.
As our CEO John Chen said, “We will continue to look for opportunities to broaden our software footprint in the market. Our goal is to be wherever our users need and want us, with our software suites, whether that’s on an iPhone or a BlackBerry Classic.”
The BlackBerry Experience Suite will be comprised of three distinct bundles of BlackBerry services and solutions.
BlackBerry Productivity Suite:
- Manage work and personal messages, and edit documents across all your devices in an effortless and secure manner.
- Master all your personal and work messages in one place – email, text, BBM, social accounts.
- Intelligent work flows and deeply integrated search helps you tackle the highest priority communications first, including high-priority messages, documents and contacts, across devices and cloud sources.
BlackBerry Communication & Collaboration Suite:
- Share and collaborate securely in real-time with colleagues through instant meetings, Wi-Fi voice calls, video chat and an integrated calendar view.
- View and edit documents and calendar invitations across all your devices in an effortless and secure way.
BlackBerry Security Suite:
- Protect your personal and work information from malware and data theft with BlackBerry’s secure encryption and privacy controls.
- Secure emails, messages, phone calls, calls and documents across any mobile computing environment.
- Integrate and securely manage work and personal messages through separate containers.
These suites can be sold individually or together as the BlackBerry Experience Suite.
BlackBerry will begin offering the BlackBerry Experience Suite later this year. For updates, more information and to get involved in the BlackBerry Experience Suite, visit http://BlackBerry.com/experience.
Follow us on @BlackBerry for all the latest news and announcements from Mobile World Conference 2015 (#MWC15).