Ever since BlackBerry acquired Good Technology about a year ago, we’ve been hard at work bringing their software products into the BlackBerry enterprise software portfolio. Today we’re announcing a rebranding of the former Good products to reflect the successful completion of these integrations. Please say hello to BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite, formerly known as Good Secure EMM Suites.
By combining Good’s leading productivity apps and robust secure mobility platform with BlackBerry’s leading security, we’ve created an EMM solution that not only offers business-class productivity apps to get work done on the go, but protects their privacy as well. It also provides the gold standard for security – BlackBerry has Common Criteria EAL-4+ certification on iOS and Android for BlackBerry Work, BlackBerry Access, BlackBerry Connect, the BlackBerry Dynamics SDK (formerly known as Good Work, Good Access, Good Connect, and the Good Dynamics SDK, respectively), and several other former Good-branded apps. Common Criteria EAL-4+ is the highest certification level possible under the internationally recognized program.
In broad strokes, BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite offers the following in different combinations to suit customers’ varying needs:
- BlackBerry Unified Endpoint Manager (formerly known as BES12) multi-OS EMM platform
- Certified mobile security with BlackBerry Dynamics (formerly known as Good Dynamics) secure mobile app platform and container
- Best-in-class MDM/MAM supporting iOS, Android (including Android for Work, Samsung KNOX), BlackBerry 10, Windows 10 and MacOS
- All-in-one, business class BlackBerry Work email and collaboration app
- Secure file access supporting SharePoint, file shares, OneDrive, and Box across the apps portfolio
- BlackBerry Connect secure enterprise instant messaging for Microsoft Lync, Cisco Jabber, and IBM Sametime environments
- BlackBerry Access secure browser with SSO support for enterprise web applications and cloud* services
- Deployment of ISV apps from BlackBerry’s broad partner ecosystem
- Deployment of custom developed apps secured by BlackBerry Dynamics
- BlackBerry Workspaces (formerly known as WatchDox) enterprise file synchronization and sharing (EFSS) including complete DRM capabilities for file-level security
- Identity and Access Management capabilities to extend two-factor authentication to mobile apps and to use the mobile device as a second factor for accessing corporate applications*
Choose Your Tier
Enterprises can choose between five separate tiers within BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite:
- Management Edition (formerly known as Good Secure Management Suite): Designed for organizations whose chief concern is device control, Management Edition gets organizations started with BlackBerry’s EMM capabilities and the BlackBerry Access secure browser.
- Enterprise Edition (formerly known as Good Secure Enterprise Suite): In addition to the features offered by the Management Edition suite, Enterprise Edition adds BlackBerry Work email/personal information management, providing employees with enterprise-class secure productivity.
- Collaboration Edition (formerly known as Good Secure Collaboration Suite): The Collaboration Edition builds on the Enterprise Edition suite by adding file access, native Microsoft Office editing, BlackBerry Connect enterprise IM, and app deployment of ISV apps integrated with the BlackBerry Dynamics platform. The BlackBerry apps work together so BlackBerry Work can access documents seamlessly and initiate IM sessions based on a co-worker’s presence status.
- Application Edition (formerly known as Good Secure Mobility Suite): The Application Edition expands the Collaboration Edition suite with developer tools and unlimited deployments of custom built apps. With Application Edition, internal developers are able to leverage BlackBerry’s development tools to add security, mobility, and platform features to custom apps, easily deploying those apps to the end user alongside BlackBerry and ISV partner apps.
- Content Edition (formerly known as Good Secure Content Suite): The Content Edition is our top-tier offering and offers everything in the Application Edition plus a fully functional BlackBerry Workspaces enterprise file synchronization and sharing (EFSS) system with complete digital rights management for file-level security policies. As organizations reach full mobile maturity and pervasively deploy apps and content that touch backend systems and clouds*, file level security policies enable IT to secure and control corporate content.
The BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite follows an established user-based subscription licensing model with pricing starting at $3 USD per user per month for the Management Edition. The user-based licensing model provides great value as users leverage more devices at work, while the subscription pricing future-proofs customers’ mobility investment. The BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Suite can be deployed on-premises or via a cloud-based model.
For more information on BlackBerry’s updated software platform, check out our overview blog. You can also take a closer look at our updates to BlackBerry Work, BlackBerry Dynamics, BlackBerry Workspaces, or BlackBerry UEM.
*Certain capabilities may not be available in cloud deployments.