OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
WINNER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR TRANSPORTATION AND ANY NECESSARY ACCOMMODATIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE PRIZE. SEE BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THESE OFFICIAL RULES APPLY TO THE BLACKBERRY B2B #BBLIVE CONTEST (“CONTEST”), SPONSORED BY RESEARCH IN MOTION LIMITED D/B/A BLACKBERRY (“SPONSOR”). CONTEST IS ADMINISTERED BY DANIEL J. EDELMAN COMPANY (“CONTEST ADMINISTRATOR”). BY ENTERING, YOU ARE DEEMED TO HAVE READ, ACCEPTED AND AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH TWITTER INC. (“TWITTER”).
1. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins at 11:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 22, 2013 and ends at 9:00 pm ET on April 26, 2013 (“Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible you must be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) or the United States including the District of Columbia; and be at least 21 years of age.
Employees, contractors, directors and officers of Sponsor, Contest Administrator, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors, sales representatives, retailers and advertising, promotion and judging agencies and all other service agencies and providers involved with the Contest, and members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and households of each, whether or not related are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law.
By entering this Contest, entrants agree to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and Contest Administrator, which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, follow @BlackBerry on Twitter (http://twitter.com/blackberry) (“BlackBerry Twitter Page”). Each day during the Contest Period one (1) question will be posted at approximately 11:00 am ET on the BlackBerry Twitter Page (the “Contest Invitation”). To enter, tweet your answer from your Twitter account and include the hashtag #BBLive (“Entry” and/or “Entries”). All Entries must be tweeted by the entrant him/herself by 9:00 pm ET the same day to be eligible for that day’s draw. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person, per Twitter account, per Contest Invitation, throughout the Contest Period. Any Entries received by any person or Twitter account in excess of the stated limitation will be void. The use of automated devices or any other mechanism that will circumvent the proper conduct of this Contest, whether intentional or otherwise, is prohibited.
- The Entry must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Entry must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest;
- The Entry must not contain images or artwork not created by entrant;
- The Entry must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Entry is created.
Anyone found to be using multiple Twitter accounts, aliases or other identification to enter the Contest or found to be making multiple entries over the daily limit, will be deemed ineligible and all their entries will be void. In the event of a dispute, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account specified will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account holder of a Twitter account is the natural person who is assigned to the Twitter account by www.twitter.com. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or re-run the Contest and withhold the Prize(s) if, in Sponsor’s reasonable opinion, there are insufficient Entries.
Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into Sponsor’s server, not at the time of transmission by an entrant.
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Five (5) random draws will be conducted throughout the Contest Period – one for each Contest Invitation. One (1) entrant will be selected at each draw from amongst all eligible Entries received during the 10 hour period immediately following each Contest Invitation. Entries are not cumulative. You will only be entered into the draw that corresponds to the Contest Invitation you responded to. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received. All eligible entrants will be contacted by the Sponsor via direct message to their Twitter account between April 23, 2013 and April 30, 2013. The eligible entrants will be asked to provide complete contact information (full name, email address and mailing address) in order to claim the Prize. If an entrant is found to not be in compliance with these Official Rules, if prize notification is not responded to within 48 hours or any Prize is returned as undeliverable or the entrant is unable to accept the Prize for any reason, the entrant will be disqualified, his/her Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate entrant at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Before being declared a winner, an entrant may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and, where lawful, Publicity Release, prior to delivery of the Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, Twitter account, mailing address and/or telephone number of entrants. Limit of one (1) prize per person.
If the eligible entrant resides in Canada, before being declared a Winner, he/she will be required to correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, which will be administered by Sponsor at a pre-arranged mutually convenient time.
5. PRIZES: There are five (5) prizes available to be won (each a “Prize”). Each Prize consists of one (1) Full Conference Pass for the winner to the BlackBerry Live Conference which will take place in Orlando, Florida, USA from May 14, 2013 to May 16, 2013 (“Event”). Approximate retail value is $600 USD. TRANSPORTATION AND ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NOT INCLUDED.
Transportation, meals, accommodations and any other costs not specifically identified as included in the Prize are the responsibility of winner (“Winner”).
Winner must comply with all venue security requirements or Prize may be forfeited in whole or in part. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend or cancel the participation of any Winner due to noncompliance with any security procedure or inappropriate behavior or misconduct. In such case, Sponsor and Contest Administrator will not be responsible for any costs associated with returning Winner back to winner’s residence. Sponsor and Contest Administrator will not be responsible for any cancellation or rescheduling of the Event in whole or in part. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen tickets.
Winners will receive an email approximately one (1) day after they have been so declared providing them with a promotional code for online registration to the Event. Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions in cash or otherwise, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value if a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason. Winners will be solely responsible for any and all applicable federal, provincial, territorial, state and local taxes and any other costs, expenses and fees associated with accepting and receiving the Prize. In the event any tax withholding is required by law for any Prize, winners authorize Sponsor to make the corresponding deduction.
6. LICENSE TO USE: By entering, each entrant grants to Sponsor an irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, transferable license of unlimited right, title and interest in and to his/her Entry, including, but not limited to, all copyright and trademark rights therein and thereto and all renewals and extensions thereof, throughout the universe, in perpetuity, for all purposes, in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised.
7. INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled Entries, emails or tweets or for any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error or fraud, which may occur in the processing of the Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software, cable, satellite, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections. Sponsor is not responsible for any errors whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to, or in connection with, the Contest including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of Entries, views, postings and/or shares (as applicable), the announcement of the Prizes, or in any Contest-related materials. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual and void his or her Entry(ies) who tampers with the entry process.
8. RIGHT TO CANCEL, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR SUSPEND: If for any reason any aspect of this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor, subject to applicable laws, Sponsor may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, or invalidate any affected Entries. In the event the Contest is cancelled or terminated, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random draw from among all eligible Entries received up the time of such action. In the event of such an occurrence Sponsor may post a notice on @BlackBerry.
10. RELEASE: By entering, and to the extent permitted by applicable laws, entrants agree: (a) to release Sponsor, Contest Administrator, Twitter, and any third-party retained by or on behalf of Sponsor for the purposes of executing and administering the Contest and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, retailers, distributors, sales representatives, distributors, advertising, promotion and judging agencies and all other service agencies and providers involved with this Contest and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to their participation in the Contest and the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any Prize; and, (b) that under no circumstances will they be permitted to obtain awards for, and they hereby waive all rights to claim, any punitive, incidental, consequential or other damages including, but not limited to attorneys’ fees or other court costs, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses.
Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. By submitting an Entry, you agree that your Entry is gratuitous and made without restriction and will not place Sponsor under any obligation, and Sponsor is free to disclose the ideas contained in the Entry, on a non-confidential basis, to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Entry, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees or contractors or obtained from other entrants or sources other than you. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any Entry and may remove any Entry at any time.
11. GOVERNING LAW: This Contest is governed by, subject to and is to be interpreted, construed and enforced in accordance with the federal, provincial, state, territorial and local laws of Ontario without regard to conflict of law principles. Any dispute under these Official Rules shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario. You irrevocably waive any objection on the grounds of venue, forum non-conveniens or any similar grounds and irrevocably consent to service of process by mail or in any other manner permitted by applicable law and consent to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario. You further hereby waive any right to a trial by jury with respect to any lawsuit or judicial proceeding arising or relating to these Official Rules.
Any provision in these Official Rules which is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason by any court, governmental department, body or tribunal, or in any applicable jurisdiction shall be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability and will not invalidate or render unenforceable the remaining provisions hereof and should any provision be held invalid or unenforceable in an applicable jurisdiction such provision shall not be invalidated or rendered unenforceable in any other jurisdiction.
12. WINNER LIST: For a list of Winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: BlackBerry #BBLIVE Contest, BlackBerry, 300 Hagey Boulevard, Waterloo, Ontario Canada N2L 0A4. All requests for Winner Lists must be received on or before June 1, 2013. Residents of U.S.A. may omit return postage.
©2013 Research In Motion Limited. All rights reserved. BlackBerry®, RIM®, Research In Motion and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.