CES 2015 is finally here and there has been a lot of news. The BBM team is in Las Vegas and we’re showing off support for discreet messaging from your wrist – A new feature that will soon be available for a wide range of Android Wear smartwatches.
With BBM for Android Wear, we’ve taken some of the most common BBM activities out of your pocket and onto your wrist. If you often hear the BBM notification when your hands are full you’re going to love this.
Without touching your phone you can:
– See who a new message is from and read it – while loading grocery bags into the back of your car;
– Review and accept invites from would-be BBM contacts while on the go;
– Flip through several messages to find that one with the address you’re looking for – while carrying a coffee;
– Pick from a list of pre-defined messages to quickly send a response – while in a meeting (or class );
– Use your voice and Google Now to respond to messages hands-free.
One of my friends is a DJ and he told me he’s looking forward to being able to see his BBM messages without having to take his hands off the turntables. Now what’s his excuse for not playing my request?
There’s a lot of ways that this addition to BBM is going to make you more productive. I’m curious what other ways you would use this new feature.
BBM for Android Wear is only our first step to support cross-platform wearable technology. And it will be available soon.
About Jesse Ariss
BBM Marketing. I love BlackBerry 10, start-ups, the Internet of Things and of course, STICKERS! Reach out to me if you have questions about any of my blog posts. @jesseariss
functioning of the site, while others are to help us understand how you use it. Read more here about our cookies, and how you can