In today’s hyperconnected world the need for efficiency, compatibility, and security is more essential than ever. As part of BlackBerry’s goal to empower the securely connected workforce we are releasing new software capabilities to bolster our BlackBerry Secure platform.
BlackBerry enables workforce productivity with secure anytime, anywhere collaboration across any endpoint. With a focus on innovation, these new releases provide powerful tools for all users connecting to your enterprise – end users, IT professionals, and developers alike are sure to benefit from these new software capabilities. Through these latest advancements individuals and organizations will be able to increase productivity and security across an array of BlackBerry’s industry-leading tools, including:
Features to Improve User Productivity
- Securely use Microsoft mobile apps with BlackBerry Enterprise BRIDGE. By making Microsoft’s mobile apps seamlessly available from within BlackBerry Dynamics applications, such as BlackBerry Work, users will now have a consistent experience when opening, editing, and saving a Microsoft Office 365 file such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word on iOS® or Android™ devices.
- Unplug from work afterhours. With BlackBerry Work’s new Do Not Disturb feature, enterprises can block email and calendar notifications for their employees outside of normal business hours. This feature can be overridden by individual users.
- Keep your personal number private. With BlackBerry WorkLife, outbound calls on a BYOD device use an employee’s desk number, not their personal number, which keeps their personal number private. This desk-to-mobile convergence also allows employees to place calls on their BYOD phone by just dialing desk extensions, and more importantly ensures that enterprises in regulated industries can maintain call recording to ensure compliance.
- Share photos, videos, PDF’s and other files on persistent group chats within BlackBerry Connect.
Solutions to Simplify IT Management of Endpoints and Notifications
- Deploy pre-configured and secure Android devices on-demand and at scale. BlackBerry’s zero-touch enrollment ensures the activation flow kicks off immediately, minimizing the steps employees must take to get up and running.
- Manage the communication of IT notifications with users from a single platform, leveraging phone, text, and mobile notifications to drive improved compliance. For example, IT managers can now simply send a text message to all users for alerts such as “power outage in building C” from BlackBerry UEM.
- Support and provide Apple iOS devices that can be easily shared by shift workers via a “check-in, check-out” process. BlackBerry’s process doesn’t require apps and device configuration to be removed and then re-added when changing users, simplifying IT’s job and the end-user experience.
Software for Developers to Build Highly-Secure Systems and Apps
- Build mission- and safety-critical systems, such as automotive systems, rail transportation controls, healthcare machines and industrial automation systems, with BlackBerry’s QNX OS for Safety 2.0. Based on BlackBerry’s most advanced and secure embedded QNX SDP 7.0 operating system, the new software platform is certified to ISO 26262 ASIL D and IEC 61508 SIL3, the highest levels achievable for the respective standards.
- Gain access to user- and feature-level analytics. BlackBerry Analytics enables developers to understand how users interact with applications on a daily or monthly basis, as well as the impact that device type, OS version, or form factor has on feature usage.
- Quickly build secure file sharing into Android applications that offer 256-bit file encryption with the new Workspaces Android SDK.
- Provide greater security and control for corporate application, such as managing Face ID as a means for accessing BlackBerry Dynamics apps on iPhoneX, as well as prevent iOS screen recording and sharing of Dynamics Apps.
These and many other updates add to the unmatched value and performance the BlackBerry Secure platform offers. Companies choose BlackBerry to connect and secure their endpoints, which are both physical (e.g., smartphones, tablets, wearables) and digital (e.g., messaging, files, voice, text), as well as aid them in the development of smart systems. The company does this with BlackBerry Secure, an end-to-end EoT platform, comprised of its enterprise communication and collaboration software and safety-certified embedded solutions.
Stay tuned right here on the Inside BlackBerry blog for more information on new releases, with product-specific updates and details.