Wherever there is high-stakes crime solving, political intrigue or maverick justice going down, you are sure to find a BlackBerry smartphone.
In other words, BlackBerry devices are showing up in an awful lot of the hottest TV, cable, and on-demand series.
We can’t say we blame the shows’ creators for equipping their stars with our devices. If you’re going to play a politician, doctor or renegade cop you need your smartphone to be just as glamorous and no-nonsense and kick-a** as your character.
It goes without saying that high-ranking White House officials like the ones in the Tea Leoni vehicle, Madam Secretary, would follow the real-life President’s example and choose BlackBerry. So does another U.S. president – the fictional one on the ABC series Scandal.
Same goes for the crime-solving FBI agents on Fox’s Bones (the long-running series starring Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz) as well as the high-tech cops on CBS’s CSI: Cyber starring Patricia Arquette.
What else would those crazy Sense8 kids depend on but a smartphone that practically reads their minds?
Here are some other shows in which BlackBerry phones have made recent cameos (did you see them?):
- Netflix’s House of Cards with Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright (which also helped lure iPhone users with our popular ringtone)
- HBO’s The Brink with Jack Black and Tim Robbins
- FX’s Justified with Timothy Olyphant
- ABC’s Last Man Standing with Tim Allen
- Netflix’s Orange Is The New Black with Taylor Schilling
- Fox’s Rosewood with Morris Chestnut