Cylance was named the market leader in the Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) 2017 Next-Generation Endpoint Security Vendor Landscape and Five-Year Market Forecast. The EMA report focuses only on solutions with the ability to scale and meet enterprise-class deployment requirements. EMA invited all enterprise-class vendors to participate and none of the vendors were paid by EMA or paid a fee.
According to the report:
“Since the start of the NGES market report two years ago, Cylance continues to be a huge performer from sales and market share perspectives and regarding solution performance. It continues to grow at a nearly breakneck pace due to well-placed, strategic technology partnerships and several very large strategic sales wins that have opened doors to other opportunities. Cylance is and will continue to be a major disruptor in the NGES market.”
EMA’s goal for this report is to offer organizations the information needed to evaluate and select the best next-generation endpoint security for their environment.
Here are the top five takeaways from the report:
- A signature-based solution “leaves [firms] vulnerable to early attacks prior to signature creation”.
- “… this can easily equate to millions of dollars in losses.”
- “…signature writers can’t keep up with the variants…that cause excessive false positives.”
- Next-generation solutions should “identify zero-day or emerging attacks against endpoint vulnerabilities, including custom malware”.
- Cylance “has valuable technologies for defending against both file-based and fileless (memory-based) attacks”.