BlackBerry Cylance is pleased to announce the Total Economic Impact™ study conducted by Forrester Consulting found that the company’s predictive endpoint protection solution, CylancePROTECT®, and its advanced threat hunting tool, CylanceOPTICS™, together deliver a return on investment (ROI) of 99 percent.
“This study reinforces the key business benefits delivered by BlackBerry Cylance’s industry-leading native AI security solutions,” said BlackBerry Cylance Vice President of Product and Solution Marketing Sasi Murthy.
“Forrester reaffirmed that the predictive advantage of our endpoint security solutions delivers improved threat protection, a simple, single vision for cyber defense, faster threat response and remediation, and improved visibility and control over employee activity, all while offering an undeniable return on investment for customers.”
Forrester constructed the Total Economic Impact (TEI) framework for organizations considering implementing CylancePROTECT and CylanceOPTICS. The framework was developed using data gathered from interviews with BlackBerry Cylance stakeholders, Forrester analysts, and a customer organization using both products. The resulting study models the cost, benefit, flexibility and risk factors that affect an organization’s investment decision.
For the study, Forrester interviewed the head of cybersecurity at a multinational manufacturing company that runs CylancePROTECT and CylanceOPTICS on 45,000 endpoints in 500 locations across 14 countries.
The organization experienced the following quantified benefits:
- $8.4 million savings from decommissioning a legacy on-premise endpoint security solution
- 10% improvement in security team productivity with BlackBerry Cylance freeing up time to proactively focus on threat hunting instead of reactive troubleshooting
- 25% reduction in cost of a major security breach with the use of AI to prevent malicious applications and attacks from executing
- 95% reduction in lost time for end-users from faster threat investigation and remediation
- 97% reduction in machine reimaging meaning less lost end-user time and less time required by the IT team
- Elimination of manual software audits from greater control over employee software downloads with BlackBerry Cylance
- No major malware attacks following the installation of CylancePROTECT and CylanceOPTICS
Additional benefits relating to the implementation of CylancePROTECT and CylanceOPTICS uncovered by the Forrester study include the ability to withstand threats without a cloud connection, to decommission additional endpoint security tools and to limit the burden on system resources.