The world of cybersecurity is about to descend upon Las Vegas like a plague of locusts. Oh, wait… that appears to have already happened.
Tens of thousands of our cybersecurity colleagues will converge for Hacker Summer Camp next week. We’ll be attending Black Hat, BSidesLV, The Diana Initiative and DEFCON.
Before we dive into what’s coming next week, let’s take a look back at what we learned last year and see how the year since shook out.
Volume III of the InSecurity Podcast Mixtape features CEOs, legendary technology journalists, and some of the key players in the world of cybersecurity talking about what they expected out of Hacker Summer Camp 2018.
Kick back and enjoy the perspectives this group of experts has to offer on the present state and future of cybersecurity. Enjoy!
- Katie Moussouris: When Bug Bounties Go Bad: Don’t Get Extorted
- Javvad Malik: Cybersecurity Is a Lot Like 80s TV Shows
- Josh Corman: Hackers Are Making the World a Safer Place. You Need Them
- Marcus Carey: Protect the Endpoint. Simulate an Attack. Make Sure You’re Protected
- Elinor Mills: Is It Really 25 Years Since L0pht Heavy Industries Testified in Congress?
- Dave Bittner: Cyberwire: The Daily Paper of Record for the Cybersecurity Industry
- Justin Kallhoff: How an MSSP Turns Many Small Businesses into One Large Enterprise
A lesser blog would rip off someone else’s writing, change a few words and then not give credit where it’s due, but that’s not how we roll here on the InSecurity Podcast.
If you want to read a really good summation of Hacker Summer Camp, check out System Overlord’s lowdown on Hacker Summer Camp and what is happening in Las Vegas next week . He drops some serious knowledge on how to maximize your experience.
About Matt Stephenson
Insecurity Podcast host Matt Stephenson (@packmatt73) leads the Security Technology team at Cylance, which puts him in front of crowds, cameras, and microphones all over the world. He is the regular host of the InSecurity Podcast and host of CylanceTV.
Twenty years of work with the world’s largest security, storage, and recovery companies has introduced Matt to some of the most fascinating people in the industry. He wants to get those stories told so that others can learn from what has come before.