The percentage of U.S. adults who own smart phones (81%) has now surpassed the percentage of those who own desktop/laptop computers (74%). U.S. Consumers are also now spending more time on their mobile devices than watching television. Our mobile devices now have access to and can control virtually every aspect of our lives, from our finances to our browsing history to our private photos and videos.
Unfortunately, the things that we cherish are also the very things cybercriminals covet. Wherever our technology takes us, they are bound to follow. That's why it's as important as ever to ensure that all of our devices have cybersecurity protection that will not only keep pace, but stay ahead of the bad guys.
Cylance Smart Antivirus™ was launched in 2018 as the first smart antivirus for consumers that protects PCs and Macs with the most advanced cybersecurity protection on the market. Today, it is adding mobile security protection for Android and will now be available for free to customers of Samsung. Small businesses that purchase any PC, smartphone, or tablet from Samsung's website will receive a free 120 day license of Cylance Smart Antivirus to protect their first five devices.
"BlackBerry and Samsung have enjoyed a long standing partnership based on integrating mobile device management and security," said Taher Behbehani, Head of the Mobile B2B Business Unit, Samsung Electronics America. "Samsung is excited to offer our business users access to BlackBerry’s Cylance Smart Antivirus with the purchase of any Samsung device, including the new Note10."
BlackBerry Cylance makes cybersecurity smart and simple by using artificial intelligence to protect against existing and never-before-seen malware. By combining Cylance Mobile Security for Android with our next-generation artificial intelligence technology for Windows, Macs, and (soon to come) iPhones, small businesses can protect PCs, laptops, tablets, and smartphones with a single license that protects up to 25 devices.
Cylance Mobile Security for Android:
* Prevents your Android from being infected by malicious and suspicious applications
* Protects you against cybersecurity threats trying to access the private information on your device
* Secures your Android against cybersecurity attacks directed at your device's operating system and hardware
* Secures your Android against wireless and cellular cybersecurity attacks
* Warns you when your device settings have changed that puts you a risk
Cylance Mobile Security for Android synchronizes with Cylance's Web Dashboard to:
* Manage the security of all your Android devices (along with Windows, Macs, and iPhones)
* Get visibility and awareness of the security status of all devices in the family
* Ensure everyone in your family is protected with a single license
* Invite others to be protected within your license