BlackBerry® is pleased to announce the debut of BlackBerry® AtHoc® Managed Service, which delivers the full featured BlackBerry® AtHoc® system as a managed service that allows any organization, of any size, to quickly establish and maintain a crisis communications capability used traditionally by larger organizations.
Current global events have compelled organizations to reassess the effectiveness of their crisis communication program to protect people and business operations. With the need to manage business disruptions, forced remote work and return to work, companies now have a continuous requirement for ongoing critical communications.
“Keeping employees safe and business operating, particularly during this time, requires accurate and responsive critical communication,” said Christoph Erdmann, Senior Vice President of Secure Communications at BlackBerry.
“We are incredibly pleased to offer the same service proven by some of the most demanding environments including 12 FedRAMP ATOs from United States Federal agencies including the Department of Energy, Department of Homeland Security, Department of Health and Human Service, Department of Justice, Federal Aviation Administration, Department of Treasury, and Department of Veterans Affairs as well as Parliament of Canada, Global Affairs Canada, Port of Houston and the American Red Cross, to organizations of every size.”
Maintaining an effective critical communications platform, however, requires experienced dedicated teams and technical expertise that some organizations do not have. BlackBerry AtHoc Managed Service solves that problem by providing customers with 24x7 crisis management communications, alerts, and support, including the option to send alerts on the customer’s behalf, so that they can focus on their essential day-to-day business.
Customers may also exchange notifications with other government agencies and commercial enterprises using the BlackBerry AtHoc platform. This network effect increases the benefit of the critical communications of all the participating organizations.
BlackBerry AtHoc Managed Service simplifies:
- Getting the message out: Send pre-prepared alerts to distribution lists or build new messages and lists in response to the situation. All from one easy and clear to use portal.
- Reaching everyone: BlackBerry AtHoc uses behavior modelling to predict how many people will receive your message. Once sent, you’ll know who has or hasn’t received it.
- Using multiple channels: BlackBerry AtHoc allows you to send alerts via multiple communication channels, taking the guesswork and confusion out of crisis communication.
- Complying with regulations: BlackBerry AtHoc is fully compliant with GDPR and all data is fully encrypted in transit and at rest.
BlackBerry AtHoc Managed Service can be up and running in 48 hours.
“COVID-19 elevated the importance of communications to support employees and business operations during a time of crisis. By making BlackBerry AtHoc available as a managed service, BlackBerry has dramatically expanded the number of organizations that can now use this capability,” said Rob Enderle, principal analyst, Enderle Group. “The introduction of BlackBerry AtHoc Managed Service is a welcome addition to make it affordable and easy for any organization to keep their employees safe.”
BlackBerry AtHoc Managed Service provides:
- Highly experienced team available via hotline 24/7 to help you manage through your most difficult situations
- Ready to go, crisis communication playbook and messaging templates
- Round the clock monitoring of possible crisis threats
- Deploy alerts on your behalf
- Secure cloud platform kept up to date with your plans and contacts
- An auditable record of the actions taken during a crisis
- Training drills to familiarize your staff with receiving critical alerts
For 35 years, BlackBerry has provided connected and secured communications. Today, BlackBerry AtHoc is used by over 2,000 organizations globally to deliver comprehensive protection for personnel and provide leaders with information they need to make critical safety decisions.
BlackBerry AtHoc software is used by organizations around the world to communicate and collaborate in times of crisis. Learn more about BlackBerry AtHoc and BlackBerry AtHoc Managed Service here.