BlackBerry Wins 8 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards
There’s something special about being recognized because your cybersecurity products, services and company stand out from the competition — and provide uniquely powerful protection for customers. That’s why I’m thrilled to announce BlackBerry’s spectacular results in the 2023 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards.
The Cybersecurity Excellence Awards is an annual competition honoring individuals and organizations that demonstrate excellence, innovation and leadership in information security.
BlackBerry won eight “gold awards” — which is one for every category where the company was nominated — including Best Cybersecurity Company. This recognition is a sign that BlackBerry’s transformation journey is paying off for the organizations we protect around the globe. Those organizations include 17 of the world’s G20 governments, numerous corporate brand names you know and trust, leading companies involved in critical infrastructure and operational technology, as well as a fast-growing number of small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) around the world.
Let's briefly look at the “why” behind each gold-level award BlackBerry received.
Why BlackBerry Won 8 Cybersecurity Excellence Awards
Best Cybersecurity Company — BlackBerry Limited
AI-focused: BlackBerry’s product portfolio is underpinned by one of the most mature cybersecurity AI models on the market. Its machine learning expertise spans back more than a decade, built on billions of real-world data sets to effectively “stop the bad guys — before the breach.”
Endpoint experience: BlackBerry protects businesses, endpoints, and individuals, with smarter security solutions that are more effective and require fewer resources to support, producing a better return on investment for their business.
End-to-end security: Today, we help securely connect more than 500 million mobile, desktop and IoT endpoint devices.
Cybersecurity Research — BlackBerry Cybersecurity Research (Cyber Threat Intelligence Services)
First-to-market research: The BlackBerry Threat Research and Intelligence Team has released numerous first-to-market research reports over the past year leveraging BlackBerry’s data-driven digital ecosystem and analytical capabilities.
CTI subscription: BlackBerry also recently announced a new CTI offering, a professional threat intelligence service to help customers prevent, detect, and effectively respond to cyberattacks.
Putting research into practice: In 2022, BlackBerry released Finding Beacons in the Dark: A Guide to Cyber Threat Intelligence, a comprehensive collection of cyber threat intelligence (CTI) focused on Cobalt Strike team servers.
Extended Detection and Response (XDR) — CylanceGUARD
- Revolutionary technology: The Cylance® artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) tools, which comprise the technology component of CylanceGUARD®, allow the BlackBerry managed security services team to offer XDR capabilities that provide more initial attack prevention and highly accurate detections.
- Exceptional expertise: The world-class, previous SOC X World Champion, CylanceGUARD analysts defending organizations are seasoned experts that function as an extension of an internal team, managing threat hunting and alerts so companies can focus on meeting core business goals.
- Proprietary Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI): Not only does BlackBerry provide exceptional humans with an innovative and extended technology stack, but they are also armed with proprietary threat intelligence and playbooks sourced from our global network of world-class, in-house researchers.
Zero Trust Security — CylanceGATEWAY
- Security: With integrated threat detection, CylanceGATEWAY™ can stop sophisticated threats like social engineering and phishing attacks.
- Scale: CylanceGATEWAY is cloud-native and available anywhere, delivering a fast, reliable connection to users globally.
- Simplicity: CylanceGATEWAY harmoniously balances user experience and security.
Artificial Intelligence Security — Cylance AI
- AI/ML: Every product in the BlackBerry® Cybersecurity platform incorporates proprietary Cylance AI/ML technology. It powers all stages of the data lifecycle: ingesting, processing, and analyzing data, through to correlating and amalgamating data in our data lakes into contextual intelligence for our customers.
- Visibility: Many areas where we apply AI/ML aren’t visible to users. For example, we use ML to understand multisensory data across both a timeframe and execution sequence, to identify when multiple events stack up as indicators of an actual attack. In this way, we reduce alert fatigue for platform users, and deliver significant efficiency gains for customers.
- Temporal Predictive Advantage: Cylance AI detects and prevents potentially harmful code in less than 50 milliseconds.
Endpoint Security — “Cylance Endpoint Solution”
- Self-defending AI: Blocks even previously unknown attacks in milliseconds, long before widespread damage can occur.
- Less noise: Produces less overall “noise” to sift through, combined with simplified workflows to accelerate and simplify investigation and response.
- Effective defense: Provides effective defense in “less-than-ideal” environments and situations, while providing reliable response capabilities in times of real crisis.
Final Thoughts on Cybersecurity Excellence Awards
BlackBerry thanks the Cybersecurity Excellence Awards for honoring our organization.