BlackBerry Summit Agenda: New Details Unveiled
Today we released additional details about the truly action-packed BlackBerry Summit. The event promises to be an experience to remember, to reconnect you with the brand you miss and trust — and transform how you see the future of the IoT, IT, and cybersecurity.
We have had an overwhelming response from the BlackBerry community – our customers, partners, investors, and media – to the event announcements. To those who have registered already, I can’t wait to spend time with you there.
Theme for BlackBerry Summit 2023
The BlackBerry Summit agenda is built around the central theme of “Trust" because rapid technological developments have created a digital trust deficit that we must collectively overcome. As we come together as a BlackBerry community, we will explore the trends and technologies you need to unlock value in the digital world.
Your Morning at BlackBerry Summit 2023
BlackBerry CEO and Chairman John Chen will deliver the opening keynote, where you will hear firsthand who BlackBerry is today, and our vision for the future.
And I will reveal the BlackBerry innovations that will enable your digital transformation with technologies that you may not have imagined possible.
Furthermore, you will hear from a lineup of global thought leaders. The morning plenary session includes:
- McKinsey & Company Partner Zina Cole, examining convergence & how it can solve the digital trust deficit.
- Chairman of the Board of Siemens Jim Hagemann Snabe, on delivering on the dream state of technology for a trusted future.
- AWS General Manager of Industry Products Dr. Sarah Cooper, describing the vision and tools for innovation in the cloud with AWS and BlackBerry.
- Canadian Centre for Cyber Security Head Sami Khoury, addressing the issue of trust on the frontlines of the digital world.
- A power panel on “Technology Supremacy for National Security” with:
- Canada’s Department of National Defence Chief Information Officer Raj Thuppal
- Rwanda Information Society Authority CEO Innocent Muhizi
- IT Acquisition Advisory Council Co-Founder & CEO John Weiler
- BlackBerry Global Strategic Sustainability Partnerships Director Maaz Yasin
Your Afternoon at BlackBerry Summit 2023
The afternoon plenary will equally wow, featuring the following thought leaders from government, private industry, and media, including:
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security Chief Information Security Officer Kenneth Bible, discussing the need for national security that’s “built in, not bolted-on.”
- Ukrainian AI startup LetsData co-founders Andriy Kusyy and Ksenia Iliuk, demonstrating new uses of artificial intelligence to neutralize misinformation and expose the truth.
- An afternoon panel, led by the world-renowned MotorTrend, that explores “The Future of Digital Experiences in the Smart City.” Panelists include:
- Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America President & CEO Philipp Skogstad
- MotorTrend Senior Features Editor Kristin Lee
- Spotify Head of Innovation Máuhan Zonoozy
- Invest Ottawa President & CEO (and World Economic Forum Fellow) Michael Tremblay
- BlackBerry SVP and Head of BlackBerry QNX John Wall
During the rest of the day, you can enjoy networking, good food, and good music, and attend insightful breakout sessions that dive into BlackBerry solutions and ecosystem. Join an array of BlackBerry executives and experts, plus some of our most trusted partners as they share their expertise:
- Adobe Inc. Technical Director of Security Solutions Dr. Steven Gottwals, on taking digital transformation to the next level with trusted partnerships.
- AWS Senior Solution Architect Dr. Mehran Najafi, exploring AWS’ and BlackBerry's groundbreaking journey into generative AI.
- BlackBerry Chief Information Officer Jesse Harold, Chief Information Security Officer Arvind Raman, Chief Technology Officer Charles Eagan, and others.
Breakout session topics include:
- Zero Trust Beyond the Buzzword
- The Convergence of IT, OT, and IoT
- The Rise of Spying on Mobile
- Introducing Trust in IoT Embedded Systems
- Protecting CISOs from Burnout
- Coordinate, Communicate, and Operate, During Critical Events
- The Godfather of UEM
- Unlock Business Value in Smart Cities
- Redefining Sustainability for the CIO and CISO
- Know Your Cyber Enemy
- The Messaging App Employees AND Regulators Want
- Quantum Security by BlackBerry
Thank You to Our Sponsors
I want to express our gratitude to the partners who are supporting the BlackBerry Summit as sponsors, including Alludo, AWS, Google, IndigenousTech.ai, IT-AAC, Lumín, Shafer, and Stellar Cyber.
There’s Still Time to Join BlackBerry Summit 2023
We built BlackBerry Summit for influencers, thinkers, innovators, technologists, leaders, and visionaries — like you. Your presence and input are needed to help us build a future that generations to come will enjoy.
I invite you to explore the full agenda and join us for a can’t-miss day. See you soon!